I’m still hanging in there! My right hind leg appears to be fine, but my left hind leg is still swollen and weak. Still not really anything that can be done for me, just waiting and hoping the swelling goes down.
Nothing really new to report, there really isn’t much we can do for her. The concern is that she may lose her hoof from the lack of circulation. Unfortunately if that happens there isn’t much we can do for her, as she will never make it as a cow. Right now we are just crossing our fingers and hoping she will pull through, as the vet has said she might. Luckily this is rare, you can see calf #15 in the background, we have had no problems with any calves since First Lady, and many healthy ones before her.